The Alvarinho grape expresses itself in unique ways dependent on its terroir, and this example from Quinta da Lapa hails from the inland Tejo (formerly Ribatejo) region just outside Lisbon, where the influence of the Tejo River is felt. Fermented at controlled temperatures in stainless steel vats, with no oak contact.
The result is a wine with extra layers of flinty minerality, jasmine and ripe apple on the nose, joining typical peach and lime. The beautifully textured palate is fresh with green citrus and tropical fruit. whilst minerality and soft peach come through on the finish. Try with grilled oily fish such as sardines, shellfish, squid and calamari, paella, risotto or chickpea and bean dishes.
Quinta da Conceição da Lapa was originally founded in 1706, located among the fertile hills to the East of Montejunto mountain. Further reform of the grounds, including key vineyards and wine cellar, were made from 1733. Now, almost three centuries later, the owners have breathed more life into the project with a new winery and replanting of vineyards with traditional local varietals and a selection of international grapes.
Low in Suplhites and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Extra layers of flinty minerality, jasmine and ripe apple on the nose, joining typical peach and lime. The beautifully textured palate is fresh with green citrus and tropical fruit. whilst minerality and soft peach come through on the finish.
|Vintage:||2020 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Quinta Da Lapa|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery