THE SLAUGHTERED HOUSE BAR
BOOKINGS NOW BEING TAKEN
REOPENING SATURDAY 22ND MAY
Monday - Wednesday CLOSED
Friday 12-6pm (or 11pm if there is no tasting event)
- Book your table here or to book in a specific area of the bar and for bookings over 8 please call us on 01204 300037
- DOGS: If you are bringing a dog please book the courtyard area as dogs are not permitted in the bar area - Please call to make a dog inclusive booking
- COVID: Current covid guidance - Rule of 6 for multiple households or more if exclusively from 2 households. Sorry but we will need to refuse entry if your booking does not comply
- CANCELLATIONS: If you change your plans please remember to cancel your booking. We are a small bar and after the last year we would love to have all our tables full ;) You can cancel by clicking 'cancel' at the bottom of your confirmation email or give us a quick call.
- LATE ARRIVALS: Please call if you are running later than 15 minutes after your booked slot. Your table will be released if no notification
- FACE MASKS: Must be worn on entry and when moving around inside
- SIDE DOOR: Enter the bar via the side doors to avoid congestion in the shop. If the side gates are closed enter via the shop
- ORDERING APP: There is no ordering app - we would like to continue to keep our service personal so our team will be on hand to guide you through the wines and take your order
- LAST ORDERS: Last Cheese Board orders are an 1.5 hours before close
- TAKEAWAY: Available during bar opening hours
Lastly, we look forward to giving you a warm cheesy wine welcome!
Kate, George & all the team at The Slaughtered House
At the back of Turton Wines is our very own little hidden gem - The Slaughtered House Tasting Bar. The Shop was a local butchers many years ago and The Slaughtered House… you guessed it! The name is not all about drinking too much wine!
A few of the most common questions we get asked....
Do you serve food?
We have a great range of cheese boards & nibbles. Make your own board with a selection of quality cheeses, cured meats, pork pies, pate, artisan crackers, olives, nuts, pickles & chutneys. Cheeseboards are served daily until an hour and half before close.
Do you offer a takeaway service?
Yes, when the bar is open we offer a take away service from our full menu. All our cheese boards & nibbles are available for takeaway. All boxed and ready to open at home with a great bottle of wine from the shop. Browse the wines in the shop or have a drink in the bar while we prepare your order
Our food is freshly prepared in a small kitchen that handle allergens and our bar is a busy place, so we can’t guarantee that our food and drinks are allergen-free. If you have a food allergen or a special dietary requirement please speak to a member of the team before placing your order.
Can I book a table in the bar?
Yes tables can be booked. Please use the link above to make your booking.
Can I pick a bottle of wine from the shop to drink in the bar?
Of course! We have a small menu in the bar as we have a shop full of wine to pick from. We charge a small drink in charge on each bottle to cover running costs, service and staffing. Our shop staff are extremely knowledgeable and will help you choose a bottle to suit your taste or suggest something new to try. We have fast wine coolers should you pick a white or rose wine.
Do you serve draft beer?
Sorry we don’t, we do however have a great selection of bottled and canned beer and cider behind the bar plus monthly guest beers. If you want to try something different, we have a great range in the shop that can be chilled and drank in the bar.
Do you have a range of gins?
Yes, we have a vast gin menu with gins you might not find elsewhere plus a great range of tonics, mixers and garnishes.
Is the bar open to the public during a tasting event?
Usually yes, but during Covid-19 restrictions the bar will be closed on some Fridays from 6pm onwards while an event is being held. Outside Covid-19… Yes, the bar is open for drop in drinks on tasting nights. We offer a table service in the courtyard. We do not take table reservations on tasting nights.
Do you have outside seating?
Adjoining to The Slaughtered House is our courtyard with an electric retractable roof that is always open on sunny days and is a fabulous little suntrap! Due to the location and respect of our neighbours the roof is usually closed around 8pm during the summer. The courtyard roof is closed during rain and bad weather. There are several heaters in the courtyard that can be turn on as and when needed.
Do you have a smoking policy?
Yes, we do not allow smoking or vaping inside the bar or courtyard area, even when the roof is open. There is a designated area outside for smokers.
Are children welcome in the bar?
Yes, children are welcome up until around 7pm depending how busy the bar is. It is a small bar and often not a suitable environment in the evening for children. We do not stock children's drinks such as fruit shoots etc but we do offer a free glass of cordial when purchasing drinks from the bar. There is also bottled Britvic orange, Fever Tree lemonade and coke available. Kids love our Childrens cheese board, with plain crackers and simple cheeses.
Are dogs welcome in the bar?
Yes, well behaved dogs on leads are allowed in our courtyard space but not in the bar area. There is a tap and water bowl in the courtyard for after walk refreshment! Plus some tasty natural treats for sale at the bar.
Is the The Slaughtered House available for private hire?
Yes, the bar is available for private events but not exclusive use at weekends. Please enquire for more details.
OFF SITE EVENTS
Do you supply wines and drink for private events?
Yes, Turton Wines can provide a selection of wines and drinks for your private event. Our very knowledgable team can help you select the right drink for your occasion.
Can you provide glasses and bar staff for a private event?
Yes, we have glasses, bar accessories and even an apple crate pop up bar ready for private events and a team that can attend and run your bar.
Can you do wine tastings away from the shop and bar?
Yes, we can bring a wine tasting to you and create the tasting around a theme of your choice.
Please contact on 01204 300037 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.