THE SLAUGHTERED HOUSE BAR
OUR HIDDEN GEM
At the back of Turton Wines is our very own little hidden gem - The Slaughtered House Tasting Bar.
The Shop was a local butchers many years ago and The Slaughtered House… you guessed it! The name is not all about drinking too much wine!
CLICK TO BOOK A TABLE
Booking is not essential & walk-ins are usually available
but we advise booking a table to avoid disappointment
2 hours slots are available to book online
If you are calling in for a drink and don't need a full 2 hours or would like a longer slot, a specific table/area of the bar or for bookings over 8, please give us a call on 01204 300037
Monday - Thursday CLOSED
Friday 4-11pm* Book a table & walkins
Saturday 12-11pm Book a table & walkins
Sunday 12-7pm Book a table & walkins
Bank Holidays - CLOSED
* On Friday tastings evenings the bar area will close from 6pm but the courtyard will be open. We have a limited number of tables available for bookings on Friday evenings when there is a tasting event on. If those are fully booked there should be room for walkins.
- Table times: 2 hours slots are available to book online. If you are calling in for a drink and don't need a full 2 hours or would like a longer slot, a specific table/area of the bar or for bookings over 8, please give us a call on 01204 300037
- Last orders: Last cheeseboard orders are 2 hours before close and last drinks orders are 30 mins before close
- Dogs are Welcome! in the courtyard area only. It is not possible to choose the courtyard online so please give us a call to make a dog booking.
- Cancellations: If you change your plans please remember to cancel your booking. We are a small bar and after the last few years we would love to have all our tables full. You can cancel by clicking 'cancel' at the bottom of your confirmation email or give us a quick call on 01204 300037
- Late Arrivals: Please call if you are running later than 15 minutes after your booked slot. Your table will be released if no notification
- Bar Entrance: Enter the bar via the side doors. If the side gates are closed enter via the shop
Available to collect from 5pm Friday-close on Sunday. See Bar Menu for options. All boxed and ready to open at home with a great bottle of wine from the shop. To order either give the shop a call during shop opening hours or call into the bar to order (the bar will not be taking orders over the phone) have a drink in the bar or browse the wines in the shop while we make up your order.
DRINK A BOTTLE FROM THE SHOP IN THE BAR
We have a small menu in the bar as we have a shop full of wine to pick from. We charge a small drink in charge on each bottle to cover running costs, service and staffing. Our shop staff are extremely knowledgeable and will help you choose a bottle to suit your taste or suggest something new to try. We have fast wine coolers should you pick a white, rose or fizz.
The bar is available for private events. See our Private Hire page
Please contact on 01204 300037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Adjoining to The Slaughtered House is our courtyard with an electric retractable roof that is always open on sunny days and is a fabulous little suntrap! The courtyard roof is closed during bad weather. There are heaters in the courtyard that can be turned on as and when needed, making it nice & cosy.
DOGS & CHILDREN
Well behaved dogs on leads are allowed in our courtyard but not in the bar area. There is a tap and water bowl in the courtyard for after walk refreshment! Plus some tasty natural treats for sale at the bar.
Children are welcome up until around 7pm depending how busy the bar is. It is a small bar and often not a suitable environment in the evening for children. We do not stock children's drinks such as fruit shoots etc but we do have mixers and offer a free jug of cordial when purchasing drinks from the bar. Kids love our Children's cheese board, with plain crackers and farmhouse favourites.
Our food is freshly prepared in a small kitchen that handle allergens and our bar is a busy place, so we can’t guarantee that our food and drinks are allergen-free. If you have a food allergen or a special dietary requirement please speak to a member of the team before placing your order.
OFF SITE PRIVATE PARTIES AND EVENTS
Turton Wines & The Slaughtered House can help you plan a private bar or tasting for your party or event. We can assist you with your wine and drinks selection, provide glasses, bar accessories and staffing plus we have our very own rustic pop up bar.
Get in touch to discuss your event on 01204 300037 or email email@example.com