This Traditional Method red sparkling wine from Portugal's Caves Sao Joao is a successful, relatively new venture. Baga, Touriga Nacional and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from the Bairrada region spend at least 12 months on lees for a beautifully layered wine.
Poco do Lobo is deep ruby in colour, with intense aromatic notes of raspberry, blackcurrant and blueberry. On the palate it is fresh with creamy foam, rounded tannins and sumptuous fruit running throughout. Try with oily fish, barbecue dishes or roast turkey.
Founded in 1920, Caves São João has one of the oldest cellars in Portugal which reflects their history and reputation in Portugal. In 1930 they began their production of sparkling wines that are respected throughout the world. They now use the most modern winemaking technologies to reach an even higher level of quality.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Baga 40% Touriga Nacional 30% Cabernet Sauvignon 30%|
Intense aromatic notes of raspberry, blackcurrant and blueberry. On the palate it is fresh with creamy foam, rounded tannins and sumptuous fruit running throughout.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Caves Sao Joao|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket