This Traditional Method red sparkling wine from Portugal's Caves Sao Joao is a successful, relatively new venture. Baga, Touriga Nacional and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from the Bairrada region spend at least 12 months on lees for a beautifully layered wine.
Poco do Lobo is deep ruby in colour, with intense aromatic notes of raspberry, blackcurrant and blueberry. On the palate it is fresh with creamy foam, rounded tannins and sumptuous fruit running throughout. Try with oily fish, barbecue dishes or roast turkey.
Founded in 1920, Caves São João has one of the oldest cellars in Portugal which reflects their history and reputation in Portugal. In 1930 they began their production of sparkling wines that are respected throughout the world. They now use the most modern winemaking technologies to reach an even higher level of quality.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Baga 40% Touriga Nacional 30% Cabernet Sauvignon 30%|
Intense aromatic notes of raspberry, blackcurrant and blueberry. On the palate it is fresh with creamy foam, rounded tannins and sumptuous fruit running throughout.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Caves Sao Joao|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery