Produced by Emilia Romagna's Gruppo Cevico, this frizzante uses local Pignoletto grapes from Pignoletto Imola DOC near the Colli Imola hills. Pignoletto (aka Grechetto Gentile) is used for the production of gently sparkling (frizzante) and still wines due to its aromatic expression and fresh acidity. A hardy vine adaptable to a range of climate conditions, it grows well in the clay and loam soils of the area.
After harvest and pressing, the must is fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks, with secondary fermentation in an autoclave using the Charmat method. This retains the delicate aromas and flavours, with a further 15 days on its lees adding creamy texture and complexity to the resulting wine.
Romandiola Pignoletto Frizzante shows an attractive and delicately floral bouquet on the nose with notes of acacia and yellow fruits. The palate brings crisp, refreshing flavour with a soft, full texture and harmonious balance. Delicately sparkling, this is a cross between Pinot Grigio and Prosecco in style. Try with antipasti, fish, seafood, creamy risotto or pasta, or mild cheeses.
Based in Emilia-Romagna, Cevico is the second biggest Italian wine producer, representing 18 wineries and with over 6,700 hectares under vine. As well as the benefits of size, Cevico offer a myriad of small estates producing a bewildering array of wines, from both established and lesser-known appellations.
|Region/Appellation:||Emilia Romagna/Pignoletto Imola|
An attractive and delicately floral bouquet on the nose with notes of acacia and yellow fruits. The palate brings crisp, refreshing flavour with a soft, full texture and harmonious balance. A delicately sparkling cross between Pinot Grigio and Prosecco in style.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage:||2021 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Risotto|Fish|Antipasti|Pasta|Mild Cheese|Seafood|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery