Rich and lusciously sweet, traditional Sicilian Marsala is a fortified wine using native grapes. Pellegrino's Marsala Superiore uses traditional Grillo, Catarratto and Insolia grapes with a minimum of two years' oak ageing in the Solera system.
Deep gold in colour, Garibaldi Dolce shows intense with wood and caramel scents. Soft, full and agreeably sweet on the palate with flavours of fig, prune and caramel. Try chilled with chocolate desserts or strong cheeses.
First created in the Sicilian town of the same name, Marsala became hugely popular, especially in Victorian England, during the 19th century. Cantine Pellegrino were at the heart of this. Founded in 1880 by Paolo Pellegrino, they began exporting their Marsala throughout the British Empire. Today the company is still family owned and has become an undisputed market leader with its wines appreciated in every corner of the world.
|Grape:||Grillo, Catarratto, Insolia|
Shows intense with wood and caramel scents. Soft, full and agreeably sweet on the palate with flavours of fig, prune and caramel.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Desserts|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery