The prestigious UK Winemaker of the Year Award went to New Hall in 2013, 2015 and 2016 and their highly acclaimed and award-winning wines showcase English Wine at its best. Grapes are hand harvested from vineyards of London clay soils with chalk underlay at optimum ripeness. Each of the eight Bacchus plantings were vinified separately with cool, steady fermentation in stainless steel. 1.5% of the blend was barrel-fermented in third fill French oak, followed by two months’ ageing in barrel, adding texture to the
The resulting wine displays intense aromas of fresh nettle, kiwi and pear. Rich and flavoursome, the palate displays complex layers of grapefruit, peach, lime and ripe passion fruit notes mingling with a refreshing minerality and herbaceous overtones of cut grass and nettle. Try with seafood or poultry dishes, goats cheese salads or asparagus.
According to parish records, the first vineyards were planted in Purleigh in the Middle Ages, where the vines flourished and supplied The Crown. Fast forward to 1969 and the vineyards at New Hall in Purleigh, Essex were planted by the Greenwood family, making it one of the oldest in the UK and one of the warmest and sunniest spots in the country. Today, New Hall Vineyards has 40 hectares under vine and one of the largest plantings of Bacchus in the UK.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Displays intense aromas of elderflower, red apple and melon. Refreshing on the palate, with green pepper and passion fruit notes mingling with a refreshing minerality.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Chicken|Goose|Salad|Goats Cheese|Vegetables|
|Producer:||New Hall Vineyards|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery