A French red wine from the Pays D'Oc region of Languedoc-Roussillon, using grapes sourced from 50 year old vines. These Carignan grapes come from vineyards in dramatic hills and terraces above the Vallée d’Agly, where the famed black schist is interspersed with pockets of limestone to bring richness and power with a fresher, more finely defined character.
This traditional grape is given modern vinification, with 35% of the wine spending 3 months ageing with a small amount of French oak staves for complexity and roundness. Cherry red in colour, this juicy wine shows an abundance of intense black cherry alongside subtle vanilla on the nose. The palate is soft, smooth and full flavoured with lots of red berry fruit and a lively, spicy finish. Try with hearty stews and casseroles or roast beef dishes.
The Mont Rocher range uses indigenous French grape varieties to truly express the sense and spirit of place, or 'L'esprit de lieu'. Authentically crafted and small batch, their vineyards are located near the southern edge of St Chinian in sun-drenched vineyards of the Pyrenees foothills. The rugged limestone-rich soils bring out the best expressions of their old vine grapes.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
A juicy wine showing an abundance of intense black cherry, blackcurrant and subtle vanilla on the nose. The palate is soft, smooth and full flavoured with a lively, spicy finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Beef|Roast vegetables|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery