Voltes White is a classic blend of hand harvested Roditis and Moschofilero; two Greek native grape varieties. The Roditis grapes are grown in high altitude, semi-mountainous terrain of Achaia, bringing natural acidity. The pink-skinned, aromatic Moschofilero grapes are from the cool-climate plateau of Mantineia in Arcadia, bringing lots of freshness. Each variety is vinified separately, with fermentation in stainless steel, followed by short maceration on the fine lees to impart texture and subtle complexity.
The result is a wine of pale lemon appearance that is smooth and refreshing. Aromas of freshly-cut flowers, green apple and juicy stone fruit become flavours on the textured palate, with a touch of refreshing minerality on the finish. Try with Greek salads, salty fish, seafood or light chicken dishes, or goats cheese.
The Monemvasia Winery Tsimbidi was founded in 1997, intent on reviving the production of Malvasia wine in its birth place. They created the first privately owned 121 hectares of vineyard, planted with local varieties, and are committed to producing quality wines which showcase the characteristics of native grapes and the terroir of the Maleus peninsula.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Moschofilero 50% Roditis 50%|
Smooth and refreshing. Aromas of freshly-cut flowers, green apple and juicy stone fruit become flavours on the textured palate, with a touch of refreshing minerality on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage:||2021 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Salad|Fish|Seafood|Goats Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery