Voltes Red is a blend of two Greek native grape varieties Agiorgitiko and Mavroudi, both hand harvested from vineyards 200m above sea level in warmer climate Laconia, near Monemvasia, where the climate is warm and dry. Clay-loam soils help retain water to nourish the vines, and the higher altitude offers cooler nights, resulting in balanced natural freshness. After careful sorting, the grapes undergo moderate maceration, before co-fermentation with selected yeasts, and brief maturation on the fine lees.
This results in a fresh and fairly light-bodied wine of deep ruby red appearance, offering ample aromatic notes and flavours of ripe red and black fruits, herbs, and a hint of sweet spice on the finish. Excellent structure and balance on the palate, with fresh acidity and soft tannins. Try with roasted red meats, tomato sauces, softly spiced curries, or flavourful soft and hard cheeses.
The Monemvasia Winery Tsimbidi was founded in 1997, intent on reviving the production of Malvasia wine in its birth place. They created the first privately owned 121 hectares of vineyard, planted with local varieties, and are committed to producing quality wines which showcase the characteristics of native grapes and the terroir of the Maleus peninsula.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Agiorgitiko 50% Mavroudi 50%|
Ample aromatic notes and flavours of ripe red and black fruits, herbs, and a hint of sweet spice on the finish. Excellent structure and balance on the palate, with fresh acidity and soft tannins.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|South Asian dishes|Hard Cheese|Curry|Beef|Soft Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery