This soft, fruity and aromatic French Chenin Blanc from the Pays D'Oc region is produced by outstanding Languedoc-based winemakers Xavier Roger. The winemaking is kept simple to enhance true varietal expression. Grapes are harvested early morning, immediately pressed and cold- fermented over 15 days in stainless steel. Lees contact for three months to enhance mouthfeel and structure.
The result is a a lipsmacking wine - taut and fresh with a super fruit intensity. Bright, pale yellow in colour, the nose displays hints of green apple skin, citrus fruit and fresh cut grass. The bone-dry palate shows terrific balance, with refreshing acidity and minerality. The limestone mouthfeel is supplemented by juicy grapefruit aromas on the finish. Try with fresh oysters, Pan-Asian fish, fried chicken or creamy vegetable curry.
Mastering the nuances of Southern French varietals and combining traditional and modern winemaking techniques, Xavier Roger wines are a superb example of the quality that are now being produced in the South of France. Using the best parcels in the area, for a range that is truly outstanding.
Taut and fresh with a super fruit intensity. The nose displays hints of green apple skin, citrus fruit and fresh cut grass. bone-dry palate with refreshing acidity and minerality. Limestone mouthfeel with juicy grapefruit aromas on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage:||2021 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||East Asian dishes|Chicken|Seafood|Fish|Curry|Vegetables|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery