Mesta is modern range of organically and sustainably grown single varietal wines from the fashionable DO Uclés area in central Castile. Tempranillo grapes are harvested from high-altitude vineyards in the early morning. Destalked, lightly crushed and fermented in stainless steel. Maceration for 8-10 days, and no oak used to achieve pure expression.
This vibrant and juicy wine is ruby red in colour with expressive aromas of black cherry and strawberry, rosemary, and a touch of liquorice. These elements are echoed on the fresh, rounded palate with added notes of lavender and wild herbs. Try with tomato pastas, lasagna, pizza, or barbecue dishes.
The Mesta range offers wines of great purity and varietal typicity, stylishly showcase the Spanish wine revolution under the symbol of the Mesta; a powerful alliance of sheep ranchers in medieval Castile, who controlled the cañadas - traditional rights of way for migrating sheep. Cañadas are still protected and are a model of coexistence with nature.
Expressive aromas of juicy black cherry and strawberry, rosemary, and a touch of liquorice. These elements are echoed on the fresh, rounded palate with added notes of lavender and wild herbs.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Mesta Organic Tempranillo