This Petite Sirah from Mexico's LA Cetto is a shining example of the versatility of Baja California. Grapes are sourced from their Valle de Guadalupe vineyards and spend 12 months in oak with a further 6 months in bottle before release.
Intense pomegranate red with violet nuances in appearance, the bouquet shows layered red fruits such as red guava and blackcurrant, with subtle florals. The palate bursts with blackberry and forest fruits, hibiscus and truffle notes on the big finish. Try with warm salads, creamy soups, tomato pasta, lightly dressed red meats or mature cheeses.
LA Cetto was founded in 1928 by Italian immigrant Angelo Cetto, who sowed the noble European wine tradition in the fertile lands of Baja California. After further generations took the reigns in Valle de Guadalupe, the first LA Cetto varietal line was launched in 1983. The winery now benefits from a range of soils and microclimates across Valle de Guadalupe, Valle Redondo, San Vicente, San Antonio de las Minas and Tecate, with some plots hosting vines that are up to 80 years old.
|Region/Appellation:||Baja California/Valle de Guadalupe|
The bouquet shows layered red fruits such as red guava and blackcurrant, with subtle florals. The palate bursts with blackberry and forest fruits, hibiscus and truffle notes on the big finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Salad|Pasta|Mature Cheese|Beef|Lamb|Pork|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery