'Buzbağ' means Ice Vineyard and takes its name from the ice caves of Harput, a historic city in Eastern Anatolia. The Emir grapes for this wine are grown in Kayra's Nevşehir vineyard and the Narince grapes in their Tokat vineyard. The wine is fermented in stainless steel tanks to preserve freshness and aromatics.
The result is a blend of native grapes showing a lemon colour with green hues, and the delicate Narince aromas of lemon and freshly squeezed grapefruit shining through. Hints of apricot and lychee add to the palate, enhanced by the rich texture of the Emir before a deliciously zesty finish. Try with stuffed vine leaves (Dolma), roasted aubergine and peppers, sashimi and fried fish, or even Thai-style noodles or curry.
Kayra use cutting edge winemaking to produce great award-winning wines using indigenous grapes from the Anatolia region of Turkey, an area considered by many to be the birthplace of wine. Under the guidance of consultant winemaker Daniel O'Donnell, it is Kayra's aim to reveal the true potential of Turkey and to bring their rich history and generous spirit to lovers of fine wine.
|Grape:||Narince 55% Emir 45%|
The delicate Narince aromas of lemon and freshly squeezed grapefruit shining through. Hints of apricot and lychee add to the palate, enhanced by the rich texture of the Emir before a deliciously zesty finish.
|Appearance:||Lemon & Green Hues|
|Vintage:||2020 / 2021|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Mediterranean|Fish|Curry|Roast vegetables|Noodles|East Asian dishes|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery