Gonzalez Byass sherries are produced from their bodega in Jerez, Spain, where unique, chalky vineyard soils retain moisture to help vines thrive during long, hot summers. The must destined for their Alfonso Oloroso Seco comes from the second press to obtain more structure and body. Following fermentation, the wine is fortified to 18% alcohol and then enters the Alfonso Solera. It remains in American oak casks following the traditional Solera system for an average of 8 years.
Golden amber in colour, intense nutty Palomino aromas of hazelnuts and walnuts stand out, with layers of oak and spiced notes which remind of truffle or leather. The palate is complex and full of flavour, with a long aftertaste, slight vanilla touches and a surprising sweet note on the finish. Try with rich meat stews, cured meats, pates or mild cheeses.
Sherry has run though the veins of five generations of the Gonzalez family since 1835 with founder Manuel Maria Gonzalez. Their beautiful and historic bodega is packed with barrels in every corner, from young Finos destined to bring joy to tapas’ feasts, exceptional Rare Old Soleras, and majestic vintage Olorosos and Palo Cortados.
Intense nutty aromas of hazelnuts and walnuts, with layers of oak and spice which remind of truffle or leather. The palate is complex and full of flavour, with a long aftertaste, slight vanilla touches and a surprising sweet note on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Solera|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Charcuterie|Mild Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Gonzalez Byass Alfonso Oloroso Seco Sherry: