The Funkstille range of Austrian wine takes inspiration from relaxing a moment to enjoy radio silence, the meaning of 'Funkstille'. The energy neutral winery carries out 5 days' cold soaking of the dark berried Zweigelt grapes before slow fermentation. Twice-daily pump-overs are carried out for 10 days, then the wine is left on the skins for a further 5 days with one daily pump-over. Malolactic fermentation happens simultaneously with the main ferment. The finished wine then goes into old wooden 5,000-8,000 litre barrels, with 10% going into 2-3 year old barriques. Finally, the components are carefully blended before bottling.
This painstaking vinification process pays off, with a resulting medium-bodied and exceptionally smooth wine that shows abundant red cherry, plum and vibrant berry fruits. A joyful, bright and incredibly juicy red; with beautifully ripe and light tannins and touch of spice on the finish. Try with roasted duck and pork as well as around the barbecue.
Ferdinand Mayr Winery who produce this range are sustainably certified by agroVet, and also produce their own fertiliser. Vineyards are based in the Niederösterreich region, sited on loess-clay-granite mix soils with a cool continental climate. and elevation of 230-300m.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
A medium-bodied and exceptionally smooth wine that shows abundant red cherry, plum and vibrant berry fruits. A joyful, bright and incredibly juicy red; with beautifully ripe and light tannins and touch of spice on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage:||2021 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Roast vegetables|Duck|Pork|Barbecue|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery