The Funkstille range of Austrian wine takes inspiration from relaxing a moment to enjoy radio silence, the meaning of 'Funkstiile'. The energy neutral winery carries out gentle pressing of early morning harvested Riesling, Gruner Veltliner and Muscat grapes sited on loess, clay, granite mix soils. The juice is left in contact with skins to extract additional flavour and colour, then the must fermented in stainless steel for 15 to 25 days. No malolactic fermentation, but the wine benefits from 8 weeks of lees contact with 50% spending 6 months in French oak.
The result is a truly delightful blend with deep yellow-orange appearance. The bouquet and palate offer up notes of ginger, white pepper and flowers, with underlying green tea and mandarin. The palate shows fabulous razor like acidity balancing the gentle tannic grip from the skins, alongside generous stone and orchard fruit with every mouthful. Try with roasted or barbecued vegetable dishes, creamy risottos such as Risotto Bianco, or semi-hard and hard Alpine-style cheeses.
Ferdinand Mayr Winery who produce this range are sustainably certified by agroVet, and also produce their own fertiliser. Vineyards are based in the Niederösterreich region, sited on loess-clay-granite mix soils with a cool continental climate. and elevation of 230-300m.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Riesling 45% Gruner Veltliner 35% Others 20%|
The bouquet and palate offer up notes of ginger, white pepper and flowers, with underlying green tea and mandarin. The palate shows fabulous razor like acidity balancing the gentle tannic grip from the skins, alongside generous stone and orchard fruit with every mouthful.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Barbecue|Roast vegetables|Vegetables|Risotto|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery