Vignobles Fontan produce this succulent wine from the Cotes de Gascogne region of south west France. 80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Gros Manseng, grapes are harvested from vineyards of clay-limestone soils and each variety is vinified separately. Macerated on skins for 8-12 hours, grapes are then pressed before fermentation for 18 days. The final blend is made and kept at low temperatures for optimum freshness before bottling.
Tattoo Blanc is lemon in appearance with lots of Intensity on the nose; ripe peach, pear and some exotic notes of pineapple. The palate shows full, rounded mouthfeel with apricot and hints of mango, backed up by juicy grapefruit citrus. Try with a range of softly spiced Asian cuisine such as fruity curries or flavourful noodles - chicken, pork or vegetable bases.
Vignobles Fontan were one of the first Gascogne estates to bottle their own wine and have their origins as a family-owned farm which was changed in 1985 to exclusively produce wine. Now run by the fourth generation, it has a commitment to respect the environment with minimal intervention and natural additives. The area is defined by its boulbène soil - a free-draining mixture of sand, gravel and light clay which is perfect for viticulture.
|Grape:||Sauvignon Blanc 80% Gros Manseng 20%|
Lots of Intensity on the nose; ripe peach, pear and some exotic notes of pineapple. The palate shows full, rounded mouthfeel with apricot and hints of mango, backed up by juicy grapefruit citrus.
|Vintage:||2021 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Pork|Chicken|Roast vegetables|Curry|Noodles|South Asian dishes|East Asian dishes|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery