Vignobles Fontan produce this succulent wine from the Cotes de Gascogne region of south west France. Grapes are macerated for 5 days and must heated to extract the full flavour rather than the tannin.
This creates a wine that has an intense and fruity nose with sweet plummy notes and ripe blackberry. Dark rounded fruit on the palate with hints of red cherry and violets on a luscious finish. Try with simply prepared red meats, barbecue dishes or strong hard cheeses.
Vignobles Fontan were one of the first Gascogne estates to bottle their own wine and have their origins as a family-owned farm which was changed in 1985 to exclusively produce wine. Now run by the fourth generation, it has a commitment to respect the environment with minimal intervention and natural additives. The area is defined by its boulbène soil - a free-draining mixture of sand, gravel and light clay which is perfect for viticulture
|Grape:||Tannat 60% Merlot 40%|
An intense and fruity nose with sweet plummy notes and ripe blackberry. Dark rounded fruit on the palate with hints of red cherry and violets on a luscious finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Pork|Barbecue|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket