As the wine that was the inspiration for Turton Wines' founding, Georgian wine continues to have unrivalled breadth. Widely acknowledged as the origin of wine as we know it, Georgia began production over 8,000 years ago and has sites of ancient winemaking with protected status from UNESCO. Famed for their ancient Qvevri winemaking method and the ability to not only produce superb red, white and orange dry wines, but superb and quintessentially Georgian semi-sweet wines of all types.
Dugladze present their Tsinandali wine, a controlled appellation white from vineyards on the south west bank of the Alazani River in the heart of Kakheti. Light clay and calcareous soils produce excellent grapes which are fermented in stainless steel to retain freshness. Pale straw yellow in colour with notes of herbs merged with floral and white fruit aromas on the nose. A full bodied, elegant & complex wine. Tropical notes with a well balanced finish of citrus and vanilla notes. Try with shellfish, fish, grilled vegetables and goats cheese.
Dugladze Wine Co was founded in 2004 and prides itself on combining traditional Georgian traditions, novelties and loyalty to the family business. They have vineyards across three wine regions: Kakheti overlooking the Alazani River in the Caucus foothills, and Imereti and Kartli nearer to the Black Sea.
Many Georgian wines source grapes from small family vineyards, so ingrained in culture that they are a strong part of family heritage. There are several wine regions that hold 18 Specific Viticultural Areas held in high regard, with careful monitoring and low yields.
|Grape:||Rkatsiteli 85% Mtsvane Kakhuri 15%|
Pale straw yellow in colour with notes of herbs merged with floral & white fruit aromas on the nose. Tropical notes with a well balanced finish of citrus & vanilla notes.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Vegetables|Fish|Goats Cheese|Shellfish|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery