Domeniile Cuza hand harvest Rara Neagra and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from their clay soil vineyards in the Valul lui Traian microzone, an area with good humidity tempered by breezes coming from the Black Sea and cool winds from the Prut River and its southern lakes. After slow pressing and fermentation, maturation occurs in different vessels before final assembly.
Ruby-red in colour, this wine shows intense aromas of berries, plums and black cherries, with slight hints of skin and sweet spices. The taste is dry, with firm and velvety tannins that balance the fresh acidity. The medium-long finish allows lingering fruitiness. Try with beef or lamb, spiced charcuterie, mushroom dishes, or young cheeses.
Domeniile Cuza are located in the Moldovan wine region of Valul lui Traian in the village of Alexandru Ioan Cuza. The soil and climate of the area suits the cultivation of vines and grape varieties have been grown in these lands for centuries. Domeniile Cuza feel it is their responsibility to continue this at the best of their abilities as technology and experience grow.
|Grape:||Rara Neagra, Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Region:||Valul lui Traian|
Intense aromas of berries, plums and black cherries, with slight hints of skin and sweet spices. The taste is dry, with firm and velvety tannins that balance the fresh acidity. The medium-long finish allows lingering fruitiness.
|Vintage:||2019 / 2021|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Charcuterie|Mild Cheese|Mushroom|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery