The Herb collection from Romanian winemakers Domeniile Averesti uncovers the unquestionable value of the aromatic wines of native varieties and reveals subtle, authentic flavours of delicate aromatic plants, potentiated by a unique freshness. 'Herb' is the old Romanian name for coat of arms or noble blood, and more well known as the generic word for aromatic plants.
Flagship grape Feteasca Neagra is blended with the rarer Busuioaca de Bohotin, a pure Romanian variety that delights with highly aromatic wines. Hand harvested from Averesti area vineyards in Husi, the region shows the true nature of the grape - delicate and fine with firm features. Busuioaca de Bohotin grapes are cool macerated in rotating tanks, whilst the Feteasca Neagra for longer at higher temperatures. No oak treatment.
The result is a fresh wine with explosive aromas of berries and cream notes, red fruit and fine tones of earth and truffles. The full, fine, rustic palate ranges from fresh fruit to jam tones, well punctuated by the pleasant acidity. Best served slightly chilled at 12-14C . Try with roast beef or pork, lamb curries or kebabs, Chinese cuisine or mature cheeses.
Gold Medal winner at the International Wine Contest Bucharest 2019.
|Grape:||Feteasca Neagra & Busuioaca de Bohotin|
A fresh wine with explosive aromas of berries and cream notes, red fruit and fine tones of earth and truffles. The full, fine, rustic palate ranges from fresh fruit to jam tones, well punctuated by the pleasant acidity.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Pork|Lamb|Curry|Barbecue|Mature Cheese|Chinese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery