This blend from the Cotes de Gascogne region brings together Merlot and Tannat. Once harvested, grapes undergo a five day maceration process. Fermented at a temperature between 25 and 30°, the juices are then run off before malolactic fermentation.
The result is a wine that is superbly balanced, it shows a great union between ripe, supple fruit and elegant tannins. Cherry red in colour with aromas of spice and toast alongside fruity cherry and blackberry flavours and silky texture. Very versatile, try with barbecue cuisine, charcuterie or cheese boards.
Domaine de Maubet has its origins as a family-owned farm which was changed in 1985 to exclusively produce wine. Vignobles Fontan were one of the first Gascogne estates to bottle their own wine. Now run by the fourth generation, it has a commitment to respect the environment with minimal intervention and natural additives. The area is defined by its boulbène soil - a free-draining mixture of sand, gravel and light clay which is perfect for viticulture
|Grape:||Merlot & Tannat|
Superb balance of ripe, supple fruit and elegant tannins. Aromas of spice and toast alongside fruity cherry and blackberry flavours and silky texture.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Barbecue|Roast vegetables|Cheese|Charcuterie|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery