Domaine Capmartin have 18 hectares of organic/biodynamic farmed vineyards located on clay-silica and limestone-clay soils, many in the prized AOP of Madiran in south west France. 10-20 year old vine Tannat grapes are night-harvested and cold stabilised for 12 hours prior to wild fermentation, with pressing half way through for less extraction. Alcoholic and malolactic fermentation is completed in concrete tanks and then aged for 12 months before bottling. No oak treatment.
Very dark purple in colour, the nose has restrained black fruit, floral notes and toasted oak. The intense palate is full and firm with blackberry and blackcurrant fruit in abundance. This is followed by warming spice and toasted oak, finishing with lingering spice and more black fruit. Try with red meats in rich sauces, cold cuts, duck, or strong cheeses such as parmesan or very mature cheddar.
Simon of Domaine Capmartin has dusted off the historic traditions of Madiran into a new, more progressive age. His significant changes lead to unique versions of these truly exceptional AOP wines. Certified organic for the best part of a decade, Simon is now striving further with his sights firmly set on Biodynamic certification. Natural, low intervention winemaking with no added sulphur, all wild ferments and aiming for light tannins makes for modern, fresh Madiran Tannat wines.
Organic, Biodynamic and Low Sulphur
Aromas of black fruit, floral notes and toasted oak. The intense palate is full and firm with blackberry and blackcurrant fruit in abundance. This is followed by warming spice and toasted oak, finishing with lingering spice and more black fruit.
|Wine Making Process:||Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Pork|Duck|Charcuterie|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Domaine Capmartin Madiran: