This Verdicchio di Matelica from Tenuta Colpaola uses grapes from vines that thrive in their mountain vineyards 650m above sea level, with good eastern exposure. Grown according to biological farming practices and harvested by hand, the wine is produced with fermentation in stainless steel and no oak contact.
The result is a wine of lemon appearance that shows true typicity of the Verdicchio grape at its best. Lots of spring florals mingle with white orchard fruit such as yellow apple, ripe pear and soft white peach. A touch of lime refreshment on the creamy palate, with subtle almond to round of the finish. Try with nuts and pastries, creamy seafood or vegetable risottos, smoked salmon, or nutty and smoked cheeses.
Tenuta Colpaola have a lifelong passion for Verdicchio and the territory which makes it unique - the Matelica and Marche region. The estate is perched on the hills below San Vicino Mountain, at 650 m above sea level, in the village of Braccano. This special location allows to produce one of the finest types of Verdicchio di Matelica.
|Region/Appellation:||Marche/Verdicchio di Matelica|
Lots of spring florals mingle with white orchard fruit such as yellow apple, ripe pear and soft white peach. A touch of lime refreshment on the creamy palate, with subtle almond to round of the finish.
|Vintage:||2020 / 2021|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Fish|Pastries|Smoked Cheese|Hard Cheese|Risotto|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery