This Bordeaux wine from Chateau Roc de Segur blends Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and a touch of Cabernet Franc. Grapes are vinified in stainless steel tanks with modern
winemaking techniques include thermoregulation and micro-oxygenation. This creates an easy drinking claret wine that is estate bottled.
Ruby in appearance with bright red cherry aromas in a soft style. The palate shows rich berries, a little green stalk and a hint of black pepper. Supple, silky tannins pair well with gentle spice on the finish. Try with roast duck or game, roasted veg, wild mushrooms or garlic dishes.
Chateau Roc de Ségur has its origins with the Marquis de Ségur, Nicholas Alexandre (1697 – 1755), who was the largest owner of vineyards in Bordeaux earning him the nickname “Prince of Vines” from King Louis XV. Today’s 47 hectare vineyard, planted in 1992, is owned by Gisèle and Daniel Vidal. Situated on a vast limestone plateau overlooking the breath taking Segur Valley in the heart of Entre-deux-Mers, the site was originally a quarry and the winery and cellar are carved into the rock itself.
|Grape:||Merlot 65% Cabernet Sauvignon 27% Cabernet Franc 8%|
Bright red cherry aromas in a soft style. The palate shows rich berries, a little green stalk and a hint of black pepper. Supple, silky tannins pair well with gentle spice on the finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Duck|Game|Roast vegetables|Mushroom|Garlic Dishes|
|Producer:||Chateau Roc De Segur|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Chateau Roc de Segur Bordeaux
Merlot 65% Cabernet Sauvignon 27% Cabernet Franc 8%