Bordeaux's Margaux wines benefit from a unique microclimate between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gironde estuary. This example from Chateau Les Barraillots blends hand picked Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. The fruit is gently crushed and has skin contact for up to three weeks in temperature controlled stainless steel and cement vats. 12-14 months in 20% new oak with the remainder in 4-5 year old barrels. Racking occurs every three months.
The result is a wine of deep purple appearance with luscious aromatic notes of prune and marmalade. The palate shows ripe, juicy fruit of blackberries and toasted nuances. Excellent with richly flavoured dishes such as game and slow cooked stews.
Chateau Les Barraillots' 7 hectare property dates back to the late 1920s when Ferdinand Brunet purchased vineyard plots from Palmer and Durfort-Vivens. In Médoc patois
‘barrail’ means fence - the small fences at the chateau separate the vineyard from the neighbouring growths. To this day, the Brunet family manage the estate and they are one of the few crus artisans remaining in Margaux.
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot|
Luscious aromatic notes of prune and marmalade. The palate shows ripe, juicy fruit of blackberries and toasted nuances.
|Vintage:||2020 / 2021|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Mushroom|Game|Roast vegetables|Stew/Casserole|Beef|Lamb|Hard Cheese|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Chateau Les Barraillots|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery