An exceptional example of wine from tiny Vacqueyras appellation of Rhone, France. Chateau de Montmirail create a traditional blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre, with each variety treated individually in order to gain the best potential from each. Fermentation occurs in concrete tanks, lasting for around 15 days with daily pumping over. The resulting wines are blended and then aged in tank for at least one year prior to bottling.
This Cuvee des Deux Freres has powerful aromas of ripe red cherries, plums and blackcurrants with underlying notes of spice. Full-bodied with fantastic weight on the palate, liquorice and deep bramble fruit flavours develop in layers leading to a long well-balanced finish. Try with rich red meats or strong cheeses.
Chateau de Montmirail was established by Maurice Archimbaud, who combined the resources of a Vacqueyras family farm his Gigondas vineyard, created in 1960. Still in the family, the estate now has vines covering 20 hectares in Vacqueyras on plateaux with sand-stone and clay-limestone soils, and 24 hectares in Gigondas on mountain slopes with clay-limestone soils.
|Grape:||Grenache 70% Syrah 20% Mourvedre 10%|
Powerful aromas of ripe red cherries, plums and blackcurrants with underlying notes of spice. Fantastic weight on the palate, liquorice and deep bramble fruit flavours develop in layers leading to a long well-balanced finish.
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Chateau de Montmirail|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Chateau De Montmirail Vacqueyras
Grenache 70% Syrah 20% Mourvedre 10%