An exceptional example of wine from tiny Vacqueyras appellation of Rhone, France. Chateau de Montmirail create a traditional blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre, with each variety treated individually in order to gain the best potential from each. Fermentation occurs in concrete tanks, lasting for around 15 days with daily pumping over. The resulting wines are blended and then aged in tank for at least one year prior to bottling.
This Cuvee des Deux Freres has powerful aromas of ripe red cherries, plums and blackcurrants with underlying notes of spice. Full-bodied with fantastic weight on the palate, liquorice and deep bramble fruit flavours develop in layers leading to a long well-balanced finish. Try with rich red meats or strong cheeses.
Chateau de Montmirail was established by Maurice Archimbaud, who combined the resources of a Vacqueyras family farm his Gigondas vineyard, created in 1960. Still in the family, the estate now has vines covering 20 hectares in Vacqueyras on plateaux with sand-stone and clay-limestone soils, and 24 hectares in Gigondas on mountain slopes with clay-limestone soils.
|Grape:||Grenache 70% Syrah 20% Mourvedre 10%|
Powerful aromas of ripe red cherries, plums and blackcurrants with underlying notes of spice. Fantastic weight on the palate, liquorice and deep bramble fruit flavours develop in layers leading to a long well-balanced finish.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Lamb|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Chateau de Montmirail|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery