A Chateauneuf du Pape that is excellent value for money, with high quality always maintained by Domaine Berthet-Rayne. Grenache, Mourvedre, Cinsault and Syrah grapes are hand-harvested with maceration for 20 days before light pressing. The latest state-of-the-art stainless steel equipment preserve purity of flavour during fermentation.
Rich, concentrated aromas of black cherries and cassis sit alongside a hint of Provencal herbs. Full-bodied and powerful in style with juicy berry fruit flavours dominant on the palate. Ground pepper notes and firm tannins provide structure and complexity. Will develop well for the next 6-7 years. Try with rich, slow cooked beef dishes or coq au vin.
Family-owned Domaine Berthet-Rayne is now managed by the fourth generation with 25 hectares of vines in Rhone. Planted on a mixture of clay, limestone and chalk soils, the vineyards are covered with large pebbles which retain heat during the day and radiate it at night. Châteauneuf-du-Pape is located in the northwest part of the Vaucluse, a French department created in the late 18th century.
|Grape:||Grenache 65% Mourvedre 20% Cinsault 10% Syrah 5%|
|Region/Appellation:||Rhone/Chateauneuf du Pape|
Rich, concentrated aromas of black cherries and cassis sit alongside a hint of Provencal herbs. Powerful in style with juicy berry fruit flavours dominant on the palate. Ground pepper notes and firm tannins provide structure and complexity.
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Berthet-Rayne Chateauneuf du Pape
Grenache 65% Mourvedre 20% Cinsault 10% Syrah 5%