Only 2 left!

Fryer's Cove Chenin Blanc

£12.90

Grape: Chenin Blanc

Country: South Africa

Region: Bamboes Bay

Body: Full

Abv: 13%

Size: 75cl

On the West Coast 300km north of Cape Town, the largely unspoiled coastline of Doringbaai is home to arguably the world’s only vineyard so close to the icy Atlantic Ocean, Fryer’s Cove. Vines dot the hillside by the rocky shore, providing wines with a distinct maritime character. This Chenin Blanc uses grapes from dryland vineyards of deep red, decomposed granite soils, harvested during the night and early morning. 62% went into stainless steel tanks to retain freshness and the remaining 38% into 3rd/4th fill French oak barrels for added complexity.

The components were aged for 4 months before blending and bottling to enhance the weight and mouthfeel of the palate of this wine. The result is a wine that is bright with acidity supporting mouthwatering flavours of lemon, nectarine and white peach. The lingering minerality provides a vibrant and satisfying finish, with subtle oak spice. Try with shellfish or spicy Thai and Indian curries.

Fryer's Cove Winery was founded in 1999 after many years of hard work to create the perfect vineyard conditions by the Atlantic coastline. This unique placement allows use of the natural resources surrounding it, with ocean water used for cooling allowing a much reduced carbon footprint and, of course, South African wines like no others. 

Sub Type: White
Grape: Chenin Blanc
Country: South Africa
Region: Bamboes Bay
Tasting Notes:

A wine that is bright with acidity supporting mouthwatering flavours of lemon, nectarine and white peach. The lingering minerality provides a vibrant and satisfying finish, with subtle oak spice.

Appearance: Gold
Body: Full
Sweetness: Off Dry
Blending: Varietal
Oaking: Part-Oaked
ABV: 13%
Vintage: 2021
Vintage Note: From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage
World Type: New World
Closure: Screw Cap
Wine Size: 75cl
Suitable: N/A
Food Match: Shellfish|East Asian dishes|Curry|Indian|Sushi
Producer: Fryer's Cove
SKU FRYERSCHENIN

If you can, but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.

This greatly helps with the amount of packaging needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!

Standard Mainland Delivery - FREE on orders over £100

  • FREE delivery on all orders over £100
  • £8 delivery for orders under £100
  • Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
  • Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
  • Track your order via text or email

Click & Collect - FREE

  • Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
  • Collect Tuesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm