This Shiraz from Langhorne Creek in South Australia uses grapes picked on the way up to ripeness to help create a freshness. They come from three separate blocks of the same vineyard, where the soil mix of sandy loam and darker red soils bring moderate fertility, low to moderate yields and long ripening periods. Treatment in 100% French and American oak for 8 months increases texture and varietal expression.
An energetic, vibrant nose of herbal cassis, ripe cherry, blackcurrants, freshly ground coffee, dark chocolate and spice flows on to a palate with lovely balance; intense yet not over-powering. Peppermint, liquorice and subtle pepper add on to the long finish. Try with beef stews, steak, or a crispy Thai beef salad.
Wild & Wilder work hand in hand with their merry band of growers, crafting wines of supreme quality. Their wine is all about the good times, delicious food and creating great memories.
|Region/Appellation:||South Australia/Langhorne Creek|
A vibrant nose of herbal cassis, ripe cherry, blackcurrants, freshly ground coffee, dark chocolate and spice flows on to a palate with lovely balance; intense yet not over-powering. Peppermint, liquorice and subtle pepper add on to the long finish.
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Beef|East Asian dishes|
|Producer:||Wild & Wilder|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Wild & Wilder The Opportunist Shiraz: