The Wine People are a team with over 30 years' experience in oenology who combine a desire to stay true to the traditional, classic styles of Italy whilst embracing innovative techniques, sustainability and organic and vegan methods. Their modern style Il Volpetto Chianti Riserva hand selects the best Sangiovese grapes from Tuscan Florence vineyards 200-400m above sea level.
The grapes are destemmed and gently crushed before fermentation in concrete vats at a controlled temperature of about 22°C for 12 days. Frequent delestages and pumping over occurs throughout in order to extract colour and achieve soft tannins, followed by malolactic fermentation. The juice is left in contact with the skins for 8-10 days. Finally, the wine is aged for 12 months in Slavonian oak barrels.
This results in an intense Chianti Riserva of deep ruby appearance with a highly concentrated bouquet. On the nose, there are touches of vanilla and notes of cinnamon, spices and classic cherry and tobacco, together with dark fruits and floral notes. Well structured and full-bodied on the palate, the smooth tannins balance complex intensity of sour cherry and fresh herbs for a powerful, long finish. Try with game, ragu sauce, spicy east and south asian dishes, or mature cheeses.
On the nose, there are touches of vanilla and notes of cinnamon, spices and classic cherry and tobacco, together with dark fruits and floral notes. Well structured and full-bodied on the palate, the smooth tannins balance complex intensity of sour cherry and fresh herbs for a powerful, long finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Game|Pasta|East Asian dishes|South Asian dishes|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery