An organic Spanish sparkling Cava wine made using the Traditional Method. Macabeo, Parelleda and Xarello grapes are harvested from Vilarnau's 'Can Petit i les Planes de Vilarnau' high elevation vineyard. with soils of alluvial origin, made up of silt and clay strata. Grapes are fermented separately for 30 days before blending and second fermentation over 15 months on the lees in bottle.
Complex aromas show subtle notes of brioche, fresh bread, apples and citrus with subtle spice and a gentle earthy minerality. The palate brings a creamy mousse, ample vibrant flavours of fruit, nuts and honey, and a refreshingly crisp finish. Try on its own or with light starters and canapes.
The Vilarnau estate is a small and avant-garde artisan cava producer near Barcelona with rich history. The noble Vilarnau family settled in Penedés, Catalonia on an estate where vineyards were already cultivated in the 12th century. The first cava on the market with the Vilarnau label was created in 1949, even though it had long been produced by the vineyards. Since 1982, it has become part of the González Byass winery family.
Organic and Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Macabeo 50% Parellada 35% Xarello 15%|
Complex aromas show subtle notes of brioche, fresh bread, apples and citrus with subtle spice and a gentle earthy minerality. The palate brings a creamy mousse, ample vibrant flavours of fruit, nuts and honey, and a refreshingly crisp finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Traditional Method|Bottle Aged|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery