For their Valdebaron Blanco Rioja, Bodegas Ondarre harvest from Tempranillo Blanco vines in Viana on the northern bank of the River Ebro, located on slopes 520-690m above sea level with sand, gravel, clay, chalk and limestone soils. Grapes are gently pressed before barrel-fermentation in French oak with selected yeasts. A further four months ageing on its fine lees in American and French oak barriques and Acacia casks.
Valdebaron shows a pale straw colour with delicate aromas of white flowers layered with green apple and pear. The palate brings a firm, elegant mouth feel with creamy texture balanced by refreshing crisp acidity. A deliciously long and mouthwatering finish. Try with flavourful fish such as salmon or tuna, shellfish, garlic and mushroom dishes, fruity curries, or mature cheeses.
Bodegas Ondarre was founded in 1985, with the aim of creating wines which
showcase the region’s distinct terroirs. The only winery in the town of Viana overlooking the Rioja Valley in Rioja Oriental. They have formed trusted relationships with the highest quality growers in the area. The small, old vineyards hold a diversity of soils and many low-yielding vines.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Valdebaron shows a pale straw colour with delicate aromas of white flowers layered with green apple and pear. The palate brings a firm, elegant mouth feel with creamy texture balanced by refreshing crisp acidity. A deliciously long and mouthwatering finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Shellfish|Garlic Dishes|Mushroom|Curry|Mature Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery