Familia Traversa hand harvest Sauvignon Blanc grapes from the area of Paso Cuello in Canelones, Uruguay; an area known for its highly calcareous soils, mild Bordeaux-style climate, and affinity for French varietals. Grapes are fermented in stainless-steel tanks at controlled low temperatures.
The resulting wine is is of pale lemon appearance with aromas of green apple, citrus and fresh herbs. A light and totally refreshing palate makes this a fantastically versatile and easy drinking wine. Try as an aperitif or with seafood, sushi and sashimi cuts, pesto pasta, green vegetables, or medium to hard cheeses.
Over the last 60 years and 3 generations, Familia Traversa has established a reputation for producing high quality wines that positively reflect their environment in Canelones, Uruguay. Founded in 1937, they use state of the art technology and pride themselves in the sustainable nature of the winery, with solar panels, reduced bottle weights and increased use of composting to replace inorganic fertilisers.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
Aromas of green apple, citrus and fresh herbs. A light and totally refreshing palate makes this a fantastically versatile and easy drinking wine.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Pasta|Hard Cheese|Seafood|Sushi|East Asian dishes|Chicken|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery