This Macedonian white wine hails from the Tikves region of North Macedonia and is produced by the excellent winery of the same name. It showcases the fabulous native Smederevka grape with a small proportion of Riesling for good balance. Grapes are manually harvested from sustainably cultivated hillside vineyards with well drained clay soils.
Each variety was vinified separately and aged in stainless steel to retain the purity of fruit. Pale lemon in colour, it delivers delicate aromas redolent of white flowers, jasmine, tropical and stone fruit. The bouquet is underpinned by a refreshing palate with a streak of zesty citrus. Beautifully balanced with a clean and vibrant finish. Try with crab cakes, Chinese cuisine, seafood salads or light chicken dishes.
The Tikves Winery has been narrating the Republic of North Macedonia’s story as a winemaking country since 1885. It is a natural paradise of vineyards, mountains, lakes and rivers, with a climate perfectly suited to producing quality grapes. The Tikveš estate sustainably cultivates indigenous varieties and vinifies in their state-of-the-art cellar, resulting in a series of authentic, unique and characterful wines.
|Grape:||Smederevka 85% Riesling 15%|
Delicate aromas redolent of white flowers, jasmine, tropical and stone fruit. The bouquet is underpinned by a refreshing palate with a streak of zesty citrus. Beautifully balanced with a clean and vibrant finish.
|Vintage:||2021 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Seafood|Shellfish|East Asian dishes|Chinese|Chicken|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery