Tikves Kratosija Crveno
Tikves Winery in the Macedonian region of the same name have been narrating the Republic of North Macedonia’s winemaking story since 1885. This wine uses sustainably cultivated indigenous variety Kratosija, thought to be close relative of Zinfandel/Primitivo. The grapes were destemmed, crushed and fermented in stainless steel tanks before being pressed off its skins and undergoing malolactic conversion on its lees, softening the palate. Cold stabilised and bottled with minimal sulphur.
The result is an exceptionally quaffable and versatile wine with bright aromas of redcurrants, cherry and red berries. This leads to a textured and mouth filling palate with vibrant fruit forward flavours and a deliciously satisfying finish. Try with barbecue cuisine, pastas, tapas or mature hard cheeses.
The Republic of North Macedonia remains one of Europe’s last undiscovered wine countries: it is a natural paradise of vineyards, mountains, lakes and rivers, with a climate perfectly suited to producing quality grapes. The Tikveš vineyards are sustainably cultivated, with 80% of the vines planted on the slopes of hillside plots with east or south easterly orientation. Tikves Winery vinify in their state-of-the-art cellar resulting in a series of authentic and characterful wines.
Exceptionally quaffable with bright aromas of redcurrants, cherry and red berries. This leads to a textured and mouth filling palate with vibrant fruit forward flavours and a deliciously satisfying finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Malolactic|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Barbecue|Pasta|Tapas|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket