Tikves Winery in the Macedonian region of the same name have been narrating the Republic of North Macedonia’s winemaking story since 1885. This wine uses sustainably cultivated indigenous variety Kratosija, thought to be close relative of Zinfandel/Primitivo. The grapes were destemmed, crushed and fermented in stainless steel tanks before being pressed off its skins and undergoing malolactic conversion on its lees, softening the palate. Cold stabilised and bottled with minimal sulphur and filtration..
The result is an exceptionally quaffable and versatile wine with bright aromas of redcurrants, cherry and red berries. This leads to a textured and mouth filling palate with vibrant fruit forward flavours and a deliciously satisfying finish. Try with barbecue cuisine, pastas, tapas or mature hard cheeses.
The Republic of North Macedonia remains one of Europe’s last undiscovered wine countries: it is a natural paradise of vineyards, mountains, lakes and rivers, with a climate perfectly suited to producing quality grapes. The Tikveš vineyards are sustainably cultivated, with 80% of the vines planted on the slopes of hillside plots with east or south easterly orientation. Tikves Winery vinify in their state-of-the-art cellar resulting in a series of authentic and characterful wines.
Exceptionally quaffable with bright aromas of redcurrants, cherry and red berries. This leads to a textured and mouth filling palate with vibrant fruit forward flavours and a deliciously satisfying finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Barbecue|Pasta|Tapas|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery