This premium South African Merlot is from the Stellenbosch region and produced by Thelema Mountain Vineyards. Grapes are selected from their high altitude estate vineyards before being hand sorted and cold soaked in stainless steel with twice daily pumpovers. Fermentation is with with natural occurring yeasts before pressing and racking to barrel for malolactic fermentation. The wine spends 18 months in these French oak barrels - 30% new and the balance in older barrels.
The resulting wine shows bright, red fruit and hints of spice on the nose, with concentrated flavours on the palate and soft, polished tannins. Hints of dark chocolate complete this wonderfully balanced wine, that will further develop well in the bottle for 6 years from vintage date. Try with mushroom risotto, rich pastas and grilled meats.
With their wines, Thelema aim to create an expression of Stellenbosch through authority and rich tradition. Situated on the South Easterly side of the Simonsberg Mountain with elevations 530m above sea level - some of the highest elevations in Stellenbosch. The high altitude and the rich red soils are ideal for premium quality wine grape production. They vinify with minimum interference, allowing the wines to be a true expression of each vineyard.
Bright, red fruit and hints of spice on the nose, with concentrated flavours on the palate and soft, polished tannins. Hints of dark chocolate complete this wonderfully balanced wine.
|Wine Making Process:||Malolactic|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Producer:||Thelema Mountain Vineyards|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery