The Takar range from Armenia Wine Company celebrates the country's 6200 years of wine history, with varietal wines of native, ancient grapes. This red uses Areni grapes thought to originate from the village of the same name where the oldest known winery in the world was found, dated at least 6,100 years old. Grapes are hand harvested from high altitude vineyards in the Aragatsotn region with short ageing for a youthful wine.
Cherry red with shades of purple, Takar evokes pleasant spiciness in the nose, with layers of vanilla, liquorice, roasted coffee and clove, alongside fruity cherry and blackberry. The precise palate brings these complexities together with good structure and tannins. Try with lamb, roast chicken, soft cheeses or berry pie desserts.
The family owned Armenia Wine Company strive to balance ancient traditions with the newest technology whilst upholding respect for nature. Founded in 2006 with its own estate vineyards, it is an icon of modern winemaking in Armenia with many award winning wines and the ability to shed light on the ancient winemaking regions and native grapes of the country, that had still remained undiscovered by many. They work in four main winemaking regions – Armavir, Ararat, Aragatsotn and Vayots Dzor.
Pleasant spiciness in the nose, with layers of vanilla, liquorice, roasted coffee and clove, alongside fruity cherry and blackberry. The precise palate brings these complexities together with good structure and tannins.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Chicken|Soft Cheese|Desserts|
|Producer:||Armenia Wine Company|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery