The Sierra Oriental range is produced by a family winery boasting over a century of land cultivation experience in South America. Their Reserva Winemaker's Blend uses Cabernet Sauvignon, Tannat and Merlot grapes from Maldonado vineyards with high content of sand, quartz and ballast at 160-260m elevation. Each variety is vinified separately, with a short maceration and fermentation at low temperature, followed by ageing in American and French oak for 3 months.
Made in a youthful style, tannin extraction is limited for medium body, intense colour and a delicate, juicy palate. Deep ruby with purple hues, aromas show fruity abundance; blackberry, plum, red apple, coffee, chocolate, vanilla, blueberry, and quince. Fleshy with a sweet and round mid palate, a touch of mint, liquorice and lovely minerality before a fresh, juicy finish. Try with beef, sausage casserole, roast lamb, duck, stuffed mushrooms or peppers, or hard mature cheeses.
The Diz family moved from Argentina to Uruguay in 1998, where they fell deeply in love with the Maldonado mountain region for continuing their land cultivation and growth of food crops. In 2003 they established La Oriental in Paraje José Ignacio, planting olive trees and red vines, with the first commercial harvest in 2008. It was so successful that the family starting producing wine under their own label, Sierra Oriental, in 2011.
|Grape:||Cabernet Sauvignon 45% Tannat 30% Merlot 25%|
Aromas show fruity abundance; blackberry, plum, red apple, coffee, chocolate, vanilla, blueberry, and quince. Fleshy with a sweet and round mid palate, a touch of mint, liquorice and lovely minerality before a fresh, juicy finish.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Beef|Pork|Stew/Casserole|Lamb|Duck|Mushroom|Aubergine|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery