The Sierra Oriental range is produced by a family winery boasting over a century of land cultivation experience in South America. Their Reserva Sauvignon Blanc uses grapes from Maldonado vineyards with high content of sand, quartz and ballast at 160-260m elevation. Whole grape pressing for a delicate must, with French oak barrels for 6 months of fermentation and ageing, as well as 6 months on lees with weekly battonage.
Inspired by the Loire Valley, this wine is the palest lemon in appearance, with aromas of nettles, tomato leaf, white flowers and pineapple. There is delightful opulence on the palate, with ripe peach, citrus, guava and passionfruit rounded up with lovely textural style. Try with lightly seasoned white fish, sushi and sashimi, or mild cheeses.
The Diz family moved from Argentina to Uruguay in 1998, where they fell deeply in love with the Maldonado mountain region for continuing their land cultivation and growth of food crops. In 2003 they established La Oriental in Paraje José Ignacio, planting olive trees and red vines, with the first commercial harvest in 2008. It was so successful that the family starting producing wine under their own label, Sierra Oriental, in 2011.
|Grape:||Sauvignon Blanc 100%|
Aromas of nettles, tomato leaf, white flowers and pineapple. Delightful opulence on the palate, with ripe peach, citrus, guava and passionfruit rounded up with lovely textural style.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Food Match:||Fish|Sushi|Mild Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery