This Traditional Method dry sparkling wine from Portugal's Caves Sao Joao, rivalling some of the best Brut wines of Europe. Hand harvested Bical, Maria Gomes, Chardonnay and Arinto grapes from the Barraida region are perfectly blended and spend at least 12 months on lees.
This smooth wine has pineapple, lemon and intense green apple aromas alongside subtle peach and linden flowers. The mousse-like texture comes together on the creamy palate with refreshing acidity and a lasting finish. Try with roast pork, smoked or oily fish, shellfish, charcuterie or pates.
Founded in 1920, Caves São João has one of the oldest cellars in Portugal which reflects their history and reputation in Portugal. In 1930 they began their production of sparkling wines that are respected throughout the world. They now use the most modern winemaking technologies to reach an even higher level of quality.
Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Bical, Maria Gomes, Chardonnay, Arinto|
This smooth wine has pineapple, lemon and intense green apple aromas alongside subtle peach and linden flowers. The mousse-like texture comes together on the creamy palate with refreshing acidity and a lasting finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Traditional Method|Lees|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Caves Sao Joao|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket