San Cassiano Valpolicella
An Italian Valpolicella red wine using organically farmed grapes from vineyards in the Mezzane di Sotto hills, a little green paradise with cosy and well-worked slopes. Late harvest clusters of mainly Corvina and Corvinone, and small amounts of Molinara and Rondinella grapes are left on vines to dry for a week. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel vats, without addition of yeasts.
Ageing is for up to 12 months with 90% in steel and 10% in oak barriques. This results in a fresh wine that is bright red in colour. It shows aromas of cherry, red fruits and subtle spice. They flow onto an elegant and refined palate with a long finish. Try with poultry or salmon dishes, vegetable or seafood stews, or roasted vegetables.
The winery takes their name from the little village San Cassiano, in the core of Mezzane Valley, where olive trees are caressed by the sun. The story began in 1964 by tenant farmer Albino Sella and it has now expanded to reach three thousand olive trees and 4 hectares of vineyard with Albino's grandson Mirko Sella, who founded Azienda Agricola San Cassiano in 2004. They try to respect the environment as much as possible when creating their wine and olive oil.
|Grape:||Corvina, Corvinone, Molinara, Rondinella|
A fresh wine with aromas of cherry, red fruits and subtle spice. They flow onto an elegant and refined palate with a long finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Appassimento|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Chicken|Turkey|Goose|Fish|Roast vegetables|Vegetables|Seafood|Stew/Casserole|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket