An Italian Amarone red wine using organically farmed grapes from vineyards in the Mezzane di Sotto hills, a little green paradise with cosy and well-worked slopes. Only 20% of San Cassiano's grapes of perfect maturation are selected for use in their Amarone. Corvina, Corvinone and Rondinella grapes go through slow, low temperature drying. Ageing is in French oak for 24 months with a further 12 months in bottle before release.
This Amarone shows aromas of raisins, plums, prunes, dark chocolate, slight leather and the finest touch of oak. The palate has full-bodied structure, but still fresh and versatile, showing dried black cherry, blackberry extract, liquorice, ground pepper and firm, fine-grained tannins. Try with slow-cooked red meats, steaks, hearty casseroles, and flavourful mushroom dishes.
The winery takes their name from the little village San Cassiano, in the core of Mezzane Valley, where olive trees are caressed by the sun. The story began in 1964 by tenant farmer Albino Sella and it has now expanded to reach three thousand olive trees and 4 hectares of vineyard with Albino's grandson Mirko Sella, who founded Azienda Agricola San Cassiano in 2004. They try to respect the environment as much as possible when creating their wine and olive oil.
|Grape:||Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella|
|Region/Appellation:||Veneto/Amarone della Valpolicella|
Aromas of raisins, plums, prunes, dark chocolate, slight leather and a touch of oak. The palate is full but still fresh and versatile, showing dried black cherry, blackberry extract, liquorice, ground pepper and firm, fine-grained tannins.
|Wine Making Process:||Appassimento|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
San Cassiano Amarone Della Valpolicella:
Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella