Real Companhia Velha is the oldest wine company in Portugal, having recently celebrated 265 years of constant trading since 1756. Their Royal Oporto Ruby Port uses a blend of rigorously selected port vintages, made with traditional Douro varieties. The selected ports are aged in oak vats for an average of 2 years.
The resulting wine is beautiful ruby in appearance with violet hues that characterise its youth and freshness. Ripe red fruit aromas stand out in the bouquet, whilst the palate shows a notable smoothness and is constantly harmonious. Try with a selection of cheeses (with a particular affinity with blue cheese) and chocolate or red berry desserts.
In the mid-18th century there was a crisis with the port market, and with the support of government and monarchy, a chartered company was created to break the monopoly of the English Trading Post, balance supply and demand, and ensure quality and authenticity. This soon became one of the Portugal's greatest sources of income, and was the origin of Real Companhia Velha. Run by the Silva Reis family since 1960, they are dedicated to the production of Douro wines and the study of environmental development and sustainability in the region.
|Grape:||Traditional Douro Varieties|
Youthful and fresh in character. Ripe red fruit aromas stand out in the bouquet, whilst the palate shows a notable smoothness and is constantly harmonious.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Cheese|Blue Cheese|Desserts|
|Producer:||Real Companhia Velha|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery