The Dao region of Portugal is well known for deep, savoury, well structured reds. Quinta de Cabriz present a serious wine for organic lovers that really expresses this unique character. Touriga Nacional and Aragonez grapes go through long and smooth skin maceration for intense colour. Fermentation is followed 6 months of battonage on fine lees of the Touriga Nacional. Finally, 18 months in stainless steel and at least three months in the bottle before release.
Ruby with violet tones in appearance, it has an indulgent nose dominated by fresh, raspberries and redcurrants, developing to a slight layer of pepper and darker berries.
On the palate it has lots of fruity layers such as ripe cherry and blackberry, with good acidity and medium tannins. The finish brings warm cinnamon and light pepper, without losing any the elegance of freshness. Try with Indian or Chinese cuisine, grilled red meats, nut roasts or mature cheeses.
Quinta de Cabriz is a leading winery in the Dão region of northern Portugal, founded in 1990, a region known for its magnificent mountains (Estrela, Caramulo and Bussaco) and the unique microclimate that is in symbiosis with its indigenous grape varieties. Cabriz excel in making wines of unique character, fantastic value and excellent gastronomic potential.
Organic & Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
|Grape:||Touriga Nacional & Aragonez|
An indulgent nose dominated by fresh, raspberries and redcurrants, developing to a slight layer of pepper and darker berries. On the palate it has lots of fruity layers such as ripe cherry and blackberry, with good acidity and medium tannins. The finish brings warm cinnamon and light pepper, without losing any the elegance of freshness.
|Appearance:||Ruby & Purple Hues|
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|Bottle Aged|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Lamb|Pastries|Beef|Pork|Indian|Chinese|Mature Cheese|
|Producer:||Quinta de Cabriz|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Quinta de Cabriz Organic Red:
Touriga Nacional & Aragonez