Port of Leith Distillery are hardened whisky specialists, but have found that the fortified wines they use to help perfectly age their spirits should be savoured and enjoyed on their own too. A good way to pass time while waiting for their whisky! Their White Port is sourced from Martha’s Family Estate who have been producing exquisite port since the mid 18th century.
Made with a field blend of Malvasia Fina, Viosinho, Gouveio and Donzelinho grapes, it is matured for an average of 3 years in 10,000 litre old oak barrels. It shows deliciously bright apricot, stone fruit, apple, almond and vanilla flavours alongside vibrant blossom, orange and citrus honied aromas. Perfect chilled and drunk on its own, but also makes a fantastic summer drink when mixed 50/50 with tonic or soda.
Martha's Family Estate are based in the Douro Valley, Portugal and have grown grapes and produced wine since 1727. For much of that time, their wines were sold to merchants in Porto to be bottled under other people’s brands, with only a tiny percentage bottled for the family’s private use. The Port of Leith team couldn’t quite believe their taste-buds when they discovered them and we hope you will feel the same way.
|Grape:||Malvasia Fina, Viosinho, Gouveio, Donzelinho|
Deliciously bright apricot, stone fruit, apple, almond and vanilla flavours alongside vibrant blossom, orange and citrus honied aromas.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Port of Leith Distillery|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery