Bodega Piedra Negra present an organic Pinot Gris using grapes harvested from Los Chacayes (an area reminiscent of Bordeaux's Pessac-Leognan) in the Uco Valley of Mendoza. Grapes are quick pressed to avoid extraction before cold treatment and fermentation at low temperatures. The wine is aged on its fine lees for 3 months in stainless steel.
Part of their Alta Coleccion range, it is pale lemon in colour with bright hues. The nose is exceedingly fresh with lime and lemon notes at the fore. A very fresh attack on the palate with a crisp acidity, delicate aromas of white flowers and a beautiful aromatic persistence on the finish. Try with fish and seafood tapas, fresh green salads. or lemon and herb risottos.
A pioneer in the Uco Valley, Bodega Piedra Negra was established in 1996 by François Lurton, the first person to plant vines in the high altitude foothills of the Andes Cordillera. These semi-desert conditions with gravelly alluvial soils became the centre of the Los Chacayes official wine appellation. All 99 hectares of vines are managed organically and in adherence to biodynamic principles.
Organic and suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
The nose is exceedingly fresh with lime and lemon notes at the fore. A very fresh attack on the palate with a crisp acidity, delicate aromas of white flowers and a beautiful aromatic persistence on the finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Lees|
|Vintage:||2021 / 2022|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||New World|
|Producer:||Bodega Piedra Negra|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery