This beautifully soft wine comes from a small two hectare appellation in Languedoc, which is revered for the intense and concentrated wines it produces. The 32-year old Mourvedre vines are planted on a south-facing plot in schist soils. Hand-harvested at night to preserve freshness, the grapes are macerated for three weeks with fermentation in temperature controlled vats with regular pump-overs. Matured in concrete vats for eighteen months.
Illegal is a soft and approachable wine with dark fruit aromas of blackberry and blackcurrant, layered with spice and a touch of black pepper. Beautifully balanced with a fresh palate and a long, fruit-driven finish. Try with stews, braised red meats, barbecue cuisine, or hard mature cheeses.
Olivier Coste's family’s wine estate was founded in 1701 in Pézenas. He developed a passion for nature, the Languedoc region and southern French wines. The vineyards are located a few kilometres from Pézenas where the Mediterranean Sea asserts its influence. The estate is certified HVE3, complementing the family’s existing ‘Carbon Neutral’ approach. Olivier’s (OC)riginal Stars range has been created for those who appreciate a modern, fresh and fruity varietal wine and is complemented by quirky packaging.
Soft and approachable with dark fruit aromas of blackberry and blackcurrant, layered with spice and a touch of black pepper. Beautifully balanced with a fresh palate and a long, fruit-driven finish.
|Wine Making Process:||Old Vines|
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Food Match:||Stew/Casserole|Barbecue|Beef|Lamb|Game|Pork|Mature Cheese|Hard Cheese|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery