The Adega de Favaios Co-operative are known for bringing the best out of Portugal's Douro Valley. This Muros Tawny Port blends several vintages with an average age of 3-4 years; blends of several Douro red varieties, predominantly Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca and Tinta Amarela.
The crushed grapes are placed in fermentation tanks where they stay under maceration for a few days at controlled temperature. Fermentation is stopped by adding wine spirit, resulting in a naturally sweet wine. Then stored in oak vats, where they stay for at least two years before the blend is chosen to achieve the best style of Tawny Port.
Muros Tawny Port shows red and brown highlights in colour. The aroma is marked by ripe fruit, figs, nuts and some notes of caramel and spices with a layer of dark pepper. The palate is rich, velvety and full-bodied, very elegant and has a nice balance between the structure and sweetness. Dry fruit is combine with some caramel and nuttiness. Try with nuts, creme brulee, or other desserts.
Adega de Favaios in the heart of the Douro Valley is a cooperative who care for each one of their grapes with passion. They started this association in 1952 and the winery combines new technology with the region's centuries old winemaking traditions. These Douro wines from Adega de Favaios focus on quality at a lower price by simply embracing the future by taking care of the past.
|Grape:||Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca, Touriga Amarela|
The aroma is marked by ripe fruit, figs, nuts and some notes of caramel and spices with a layer of dark pepper. The palate is rich, velvety and full-bodied, very elegant and has a nice balance between the structure and sweetness. Dry fruit is combine with some caramel and nuttiness.
|Vintage Note:||From the vintages available you will be delivered the earliest or a mix depending on quantities ordered. Please leave a message in basket if you require a specific vintage|
|World Type:||Old World|
|Producer:||Adega de Favaios|
If you can but not essential, buy in quantities of 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 or 12.
This greatly helps with the amount of padding needed to safely send your wine which in turn helps the environment, Win Win!
National Delivery - FREE on orders over £150
- FREE delivery on all orders over £150
- £10 delivery for orders under £150
- Order before 12pm Wednesday - Friday for same working day despatch
- We are currently not despatching orders Monday & Tuesday when the shop is closed
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Wednesday-Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- Note Shop is closed Monday & Tuesday
Local Delivery - Free on orders over £100
- £5 delivery for orders under £100
- 2 mile radius from the shop, if you are within the radius you will be given the local delivery option at checkout.
- A member of the team will be in touch to book a slot for your delivery