The Maggio range from California’s Oak Ridge Winery are produced by the fifth generation of the Maggio grape-growing family who turned their hand to winemaking in 2002 using their Lodi region vineyards. This old vine Zinfandel uses cool fermentation to retain fresh fruit characters, with malolactic fermentation giving the final wine a smooth mouthfeel and soft finish. A proportion of the wine was matured in various oak for six months: 60% of the oak was medium to heavy toast American oak and 40% of the oak was medium toast French oak.
This results in a deep and rich wine full of intense flavours of fleshy black cherry with mellow jam and chocolate overtones. Gentle on the palate with a subtle, smoky finish. Try with barbeque or roasted beef lamb and pork, robust pizza and tomato pasta dishes.
The Maggio family proudly put their name on bottles that reflect their long and uncompromising commitments to sustainable agriculture and winemaking excellence. 500 acres of estate vineyards throughout the Lodi American Viticultural Area bring a Mediterranean climate of warm days with coastal evening breezes, ideal for the cultivation of world-class wine grapes. The vines, some of which are over 100 years old, are gnarled and sculpted by time, yielding small amounts of intensely flavoured fruit to create wines that are the ultimate expression of their terroir.
|Grape:||Zinfandel 79% Merlot 10% Other Varieties 8% Cabernet Sauvignon 3%|
Deep and rich with intense flavours of fleshy black cherry with mellow jam and chocolate overtones. Gentle on the palate with a subtle, smoky finish.
|World Type:||New World|
- FREE delivery on all orders over £100
- £8 delivery for orders under £100
- Order before 12pm for same working day despatch
- Despatched via Parcel Force Next Working day delivery
- Track your order via text or email
Click & Collect - FREE
- Order ready to collect after 1 hour from order time
- Collect Monday-Saturday 12-7.30pm and Sunday 12-6pm
- If the shop is full (we have limited numbers due to Covid) just ring the bell on the side gate for a quick pick up
- FREE delivery on all orders over £50
- £4 for orders under £50
- Delivery available to customers living in postcodes - BL1, BL22, BL23, BL24, & BL7
- Select your delivery slot from available dates & time in basket
Maggio Old Vine Zinfandel
Zinfandel 79% Merlot 10% Other Varieties 8% Cabernet Sauvignon 3%